Ecological Clerk of Works
Tor Ecology are able to provide an Ecological Clerk of Works for your project to oversee the implementation of ecological mitigation measures and compliance with wildlife legislation throughout the construction phase of your development. This service is tailored to the specific requirements of your site and planning conditions, and can include the following elements:
- Provision of method statements and site management plans in accessible and user-friendly formats;
- Auditing of works to ensure compliance with any existing method statements or management plans;
- Pre-works inspections / checks;
- Dynamic and reactive ecological planning to ensure minimal impacts on your works programme;
- Coordinating mitigation works at sites with multiple protected species considerations;
- Providing on-the-spot advice to contractors to keep your development compliant with local planning requirements and wildlife legislation;
- Overseeing the delivery of agreed ecological mitigation measures including installation of exclusion fencing and removal of vegetation under precautionary methodologies;
- Liaising with the Local Authority or other stakeholders on your behalf regarding ecologically sensitive receptors;
- Supervision of licensable works relating to Badgers, bats, Hazel Dormouse and Great Crested Newt;
- Construction-phase monitoring of sensitive features at a site; and
- Post-development monitoring of effectiveness of mitigation measures.
Our staff have worked on a wide range of active construction sites including both small and large residential developments, large commercial or mixed-use developments, major infrastructure projects including road and rail, and renewable energy (solar and wind) developments.
Throughout the ECoW works we provide regular communication and reporting tailored to your needs as standard. All of our staff hold current CSCS cards, are First Aid trained and are members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM), abiding by their Professional Code of Conduct. We are also able to provide ecologists who are members of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerk of Works (AEECoW) and licenced for bats, Hazel Dormouse and Great Crested Newt as required..
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter to receive updates from the field and invites to our Ecology Briefing events.
Suite 10, Buckfastleigh Business Centre
33 Chapel Street, Buckfastleigh
Devon, TQ11 0AB
Plymouth Science Park,
1 Davy Road, Derriford,
Plymouth PL6 8BX
© Tor Ecology 2018